Understanding the Levels of HR Expertise
Posted on 03.11.2016
The Achilles Group Fractional HR approach involves identifying your specific needs, then applying a percentage of our focus on each level and type of HR expertise needed for your situation. We offer four levels of HR expertise:
- HR Coordinator – a focused, educated HR Contributor with foundational knowledge in most HR disciplines. Able to research and construct HR related policy and compliance procedures and participate in a variety of audits.
- HR Generalist – an experienced HR Professional comfortable engaging in most aspects of performance management both as an advisor to front line leadership and hands on contributor with employee interventions and employment actions across all phases of the employee life cycle.
- Senior HR Generalist – a seasoned HR Professional with several areas of expertise. Works well with and earns credibility with all levels of leadership. Able to drive proactive HR planning, leadership development and project execution.
- HR Director – a broad spectrum HR Leader able to engage as a catalyst for accountability, growth and profit focus. Facilitates at the executive level to support visioning, planning and execution on long range cultural and leadership development initiatives.
For example, if your HR needs mostly involve performance management, with some routine compliance and occasional leadership development, we may apply our focus like this:
- 70% – HR Generalist
- 20% – HR Coordinator
- 10% – Senior HR Generalist.
In this example, the HR Generalist would act as your dedicated HR Professional and engage the HR Coordinator and Senior HR Generalist at the right times. We know that every business is different, so we don’t offer a one-size-fits-all service. Our methodology is a collaborative approach designed to meet your specific needs.
To learn how our Fractional HR approach can help you, talk to one of our experienced HR professionals at 281-469-1800.