The 411 on EEO-1
Posted on 07.24.2015
- What is an EEO-1 Report?
- An EEO-1 Report is a compliance survey mandated by federal regulations. It is a representation of your employee population based on race/ethnicity, gender and job category. The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) requires employers who meet the compliance threshold to report this information annually between July 1, 2015 and September 30, 2015.
- How do I gather the kind of information required in this survey?
- Typically, employees will complete a Voluntary Self- Identification Form as part of their new hire paperwork. Some payroll and HRIS systems have the ability to store data related to an employee’s race/ethnicity, gender, and job category as part of the employee’s profile in the system, and gathering the information for reporting is as simple as printing a report from your system. In other cases where system capabilities do not support storing this information, a tracking spreadsheet or survey can be created to keep track of the necessary information.
- I just discovered that my company has to comply with EEO-1 reporting requirements. What do I do now?
- Don’t panic! Achilles Group is well-versed in gathering the needed information in an organized and timely fashion.
- Pick up the phone and call us today for more information and to see how we can help you lose the stress of meeting the September 30, 2015 reporting deadline! Achilles Group is always available to help your organization stay compliant and up to date. To see how we can help you, please call 281-469-1800.