How to Prepare Your Company for Inclement Weather
Posted on 08.25.2017
When bad storms occur, your business should be prepared and adapt accordingly. Below are a few tips to help you get ready:
- 1. Have a plan. What’s your evacuation procedure? How will your employees be informed of office closings? Who’s in charge of shutting everything down? Make sure that everyone receives clear and concise communication regarding your company’s policies so that they know what to do.
- Ensure that you have all of your employees’ contact information in easy to get to place so you can reach out. Once the storm passes and utilities are restored, you’ll want to be able to contact your employees easily so you can get back to work as quickly as possible.
- Pay attention to payroll. Your employees will need money if they have to evacuate, so form a plan to make sure payroll continues uninterrupted.
- Understand your business’s liability. If your business decides to remain open during the storm, be aware of your liability policy in case of accidents or injuries.
- Above all: don’t panic! Panic is what gets people hurt. The safety and well-being of your employees and their families is priority one, so be sure to stay calm and obey the law so that everything runs smoothly.